varusteleka.fi
It is currently 2014.04.16. 23:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Dear Ouens, please take care to distinguish between general and collectors' threads in this forum. Please post only about genuine items in the collectors' thread. If You miss a topic - feel free to start it!



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2012.04.03. 11:38 
Online

Joined: 2011.08.20. 02:13
Posts: 17
I am a military gear collector.

In September 2011, after some negotiation with MR. DION BYRNE from the THREE SPEARS company in Cape Town, I sent him €545.99 (about $730USD) to cover the purchase and shipment of some Bush War equipment he claimed he had in his power.

As today, after several e-mails and a couple of phone calls that he never replays, I still haven't got the equipment nor at least a proof of shipment.

Just a plain CROOK.

Cheers,

Wamba.


Top
 Profile  
 

Announcement

New Rhodesian Forum
New Rhodesian Net 2009-14
 

 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2012.04.03. 15:17 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 2011.02.17. 10:18
Posts: 1904
Location: Cape Town
Wamba - sorry to hear that you have been ripped off - I live in Cape Town and if you need any assistance please just send me a PM...

This is the reason we have our quatermasters and strict rules for selling and buying, to try and stop the rip-off artists in Rhodie, SADF and other militaria...

_________________
"Seldom has a small country, whose ordinary people want only to live in peace with each other, been so universally, so unjustly and so viciously besieged."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2012.04.03. 17:16 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 2010.10.14. 22:53
Posts: 7646
Location: North East England
Wamba, I've taken the liberty of posting your message on the "Fraud? Recent eBay Rhodesian militaria items for Sale" thread as well, just to raise the profile.

(viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3022&start=30)

_________________
"For have we not fought and risked our lives side by side to keep our country safe ...."
RAR RSM Stephen Machado.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2012.04.05. 14:04 
Online

Joined: 2011.08.20. 02:13
Posts: 17
Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Wamba


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2012.04.13. 20:18 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 2011.02.17. 10:18
Posts: 1904
Location: Cape Town
wamba wrote:
I am a military gear collector.
In September 2011, after some negotiation with MR. DION BYRNE from the THREE SPEARS company in Cape Town, I sent him €545.99 (about $730USD) to cover the purchase and shipment of some Bush War equipment he claimed he had in his power.
As today, after several e-mails and a couple of phone calls that he never replays, I still haven't got the equipment nor at least a proof of shipment.
Just a plain CROOK.
Cheers,
Wamba.


This has now been sorted ... wamba will get his goods (albeit having to pay another shipping cost :evil: )
Welcome to the power of networking and the NRF ;) :D :D

Should anybody wish to deal with Three Spears or Dion Byrne - please contact me first .....

zafgak

_________________
"Seldom has a small country, whose ordinary people want only to live in peace with each other, been so universally, so unjustly and so viciously besieged."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2012.04.14. 10:10 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 2010.10.14. 22:53
Posts: 7646
Location: North East England
zafgak wrote:
This has now been sorted ... wamba will get his goods (albeit having to pay another shipping cost :evil: )
Welcome to the power of networking and the NRF ;) :D :D

Should anybody wish to deal with Three Spears or Dion Byrne - please contact me first .....

zafgak
This is really good news to read!

Congratulations to zafgak for his input, and to wamba for getting his goods, albeit with a double shipping expense.....

Could we all give zaf a round of applause, please, for a job well done? :D

_________________
"For have we not fought and risked our lives side by side to keep our country safe ...."
RAR RSM Stephen Machado.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2012.04.15. 23:46 
Online

Joined: 2011.08.20. 02:13
Posts: 17
Nsipa wrote:
zafgak wrote:
This has now been sorted ... wamba will get his goods (albeit having to pay another shipping cost :evil: )
Welcome to the power of networking and the NRF ;) :D :D

Should anybody wish to deal with Three Spears or Dion Byrne - please contact me first .....

zafgak
This is really good news to read!

Congratulations to zafgak for his input, and to wamba for getting his goods, albeit with a double shipping expense.....

Could we all give zaf a round of applause, please, for a job well done? :D


Zafgak has been nothing but amazing dealing with this whole situation. Thanks so much mate!

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Wamba


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2013.11.23. 07:51 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 2011.02.17. 10:18
Posts: 1904
Location: Cape Town
OK here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just been contacted by another member with the same problem ..

I have moved from Cape Town to Johannesburg so I cannot threaten Dion Byrne personally, but I will try to do my best :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
"Seldom has a small country, whose ordinary people want only to live in peace with each other, been so universally, so unjustly and so viciously besieged."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2013.11.23. 12:34 
Offline
Quartermaster
User avatar

Joined: 2009.12.06. 12:42
Posts: 346
Zaf, It would be interesting to hear what this Three Spears guy is doing, so we all know what to look out for..

_________________
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." Winston Churchill


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A SOUTH AFRICAN CROOK = DION BYRNE of THREE SPEARS
PostPosted: 2013.11.25. 14:00 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 2010.10.14. 22:53
Posts: 7646
Location: North East England
Sounds like he's still up to his old tricks and hasn't learned his lesson from last time. Shame.

_________________
"For have we not fought and risked our lives side by side to keep our country safe ...."
RAR RSM Stephen Machado.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
New Rhodesian Forum | Promote your Page too
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Powered by Flash MP3 Player